Friday, August 3, 2012

Mini Bar





Behold the glory of our mini bar/ wall of inspiration/ growing bitters collection. I mentioned that our bar was one of the first things we set up in the house, but I recently rearranged it and got it all organized onto this neat wooden tray I found at an antiques store right down the street. I've mentioned that Josh and I love cocktails and experimenting with different ideas behind the bar, we're always finding new blogs and old books to draw inspiration from.


I've been sipping on this really simple drink lately that I haven't named yet, but it's super easy and very delicious. Pour equal parts fresh grapefruit juice and gin (I've been using New Amsterdam, it's delicious and way cheaper than it tastes like), about 2 ounces into a pint glass. Add to that about a 1/2 ounce of thyme simple syrup, I make my own. pour over ice and shake. Double strain into champagne coup and garnish with a sprig of fresh thyme. 
Excuse the poor picture quality, but there you have it. Since thyme is such a lemony earthy herb, it pairs really well with grapefruit to create a nice refreshing yet savory cocktail. 



1 comment: